Steps to Creating a Successful Online Business
In times like this, people are encouraged to carry out their various activities from home. This sometimes makes many people confused about what they should do after completing their work. Some choose to watch their favorite shows through sites on the internet or work on their hobbies that have been delayed. However, one thing that can also be done and can increase productivity is to build an online business independently.
Before starting an online business, some things need to be considered to achieve success.
Some Steps to Creating a Successful Online Business
Starting a Business that Answers Needs
The mistake that is often done when building your own online business is to find a product that you want to sell first, then look at the market. Yet to increase the chances of success should begin by knowing the market needs first.
One way to get to know this market is to look for some people who are looking for solutions to the problems they are facing.
With the development of the internet, doing market research can be easier, such as by doing:
- Visiting online forums to see what questions people often ask and what problems they are trying to solve.
- Doing keyword research to find keywords that are sought by the public but on the one hand, do not have many competitors.
- Find out potential competitors by visiting their site and see what they do to meet market demand. After that, we can use learning and make products that fit the market needs.
Make Copies that Sell
You could say a copy of a product has an effective function ranging from attracting someone’s interest until they want to be interested in using the product or service offered.
Here are some things that can be applied when Making a Copy :
- Increase interest with compelling headlines.
- Explain the problems that can be solved with our products.
- Demonstrates the credibility of the product or service as a problem solver.
- Add testimonials from people who already use the products or services offered.
- Talk about products and how they benefit consumers.
- Make offers and guarantees.
- Creating urgency.
In making this copy we need to focus on the uniqueness of the product or service offered and how it can solve people’s problems or explain various things why our product or service can make people’s lives better. In making it, we need to think like customers and ask “what is the function of this product or service for me”.
Design and Build a Site
When we already know what markets and products to sell, the next step that can be done is to build a site for the online business that we do.
One thing to remember in making this site is, make it simple. We only have 5 seconds to get people’s attention. Therefore, if the site is too heavy and difficult to access, potential customers will immediately leave our site.
You can Check Some Tips on Building this Site:
- Select two fonts and use a white background .
- Make site navigation clear and simple.
- Only use graphics, audio or video to reinforce the message.
- Add options such as the form to subscribe or share button .
- Make it easier for customers to buy products through the site.
- Make sure the site is customer friendly.
Use Search Engines to Encourage the Target Audience
One of the easiest ways to increase traffic on a new site is to do digital advertising. There are two benefits that we can get when using digital advertising, namely, increasing traffic because it is on the start page of a search engine. Second, the advertisement allows us to experiment on various keywords that we choose.
That way, we not only get a significant increase in the amount of traffic but also know which keywords can work optimally. After that, we can use these keywords, on the copy or code on the site, so that it can help to improve ranking in search engines organically.
Strengthen the Reputation of the Product or Service Offered
The thing that is often done by someone when using the internet is to find information. Then we need to provide the information for free to the audience through other sites. That way we will see traffic growth and increase ranking in search engines. Things we can do to convey this information include,
- Create content such as articles, videos, and various other content that is considered useful by the community. Distribute these contents through various media such as blogs or social media.
- Add a share button to the content presented.
- Get involved in forums or social networking sites where regular target markets spend their time.
Use E-mail Marketing to Encourage Visitors to Become Buyers
When we provide an option or form to subscribe to the site, we get an important asset, e-mail from customers. That way, they are signaling voluntarily pleased to be e-mailed by us, and this means:
- We can answer something they ask.
- We have a bonded relationship with them.
- The response from customers is measured at 100 percent.
- E-mail marketing is a cheaper and more effective tool than targeted advertising.
Using e-mail marketing also makes it easier for us to follow up new and interesting information about our business to them. And can help to increase sales .
Promote the Product
We have a lot of media that we can use to promote the products or services that we offer. For example, we can use social media, or sell through various e-commerce sites so that our products or services are easier to find.
Also, by promoting through social media or e-commerce, we can also get feedback, testimonials, reviews, or ratings from customers who have used our products or services to increase the credibility and public trust in the business that we manage.
Increase Revenue through Back-End Sales and Upselling
36% of the people will return to buy products or services they have used. Because we need to follow up on customers who have used the products or services that we offer. And some of the ways we can do it are:
- Providing additional products beyond the products they buy.
- Give out coupons that they can use on their next purchase.
- Give a thank you card and a thank you after they make a purchase.
- This will later be able to help to increase customer loyalty.